River Clun Rules
Fishing rules and regulations - RIver Clun, Clungunford.
1. Members are reminded that at all times and in all circumstances they must respect the natural beauty, wildlife and the lessors property.
2. Fishing will be fly only with conventional fly fishing tackle. No hooks larger than size 8. No lures, no long shanks except mayfly patterns. Barbless or de-barbed hooks must be used.
3. A current environment agency rod licence must be held.
4. Season - Brown Trout 18 March to 7 October inclusive.
Grayling 16 June to 14 March following inclusive.
5. The RIver Clun fishery will remain a wild fishery and all fish will be returned to the water with the minimum of handling or damage.
6. All visits and details of fish caught must be recorded in the fishing returns book provided. Please indicated individual fish sizes so populations can be monitored. Nil returns are required. The returns box is on the left - just through the gate at the end of the track.
7. A member has at all times the right to inspect the credentials of any member who will not refuse to exhibit the same.
8. Parking and access will only be at and from the points referred to on the map issued with these regulations. Also please do not block any gates or access points at any time.
9. Members may wade from a station but not wade continually upstream or down.
10. No lead shot to be used at the fishery.
11. No monofilament line to be discarded at the fishery. No dogs, litter, radios, fires or picnicking etc will be permitted at any time.