Fishing Regulations - Fresh Water
2. Fishing is fly only with conventional fly fishing tackle. Maximum hook size no 8 and maximum
length of lure 1.52 (38mm) Hooks must be barbless or have the barb squeezed down.
4. All members must sign in before starting to fish and when signing out record all fish caught and
5 Weekly Bag limit:
The total number of fish taken (killed) from the Stillwater Fisheries will not exceed 4 (four) in any
one week. This can be four in one visit from one venue or a combination from both venues but no
more than four in total. Members may visit each fishery up to 3 times per week.
6. Catch Limit:
There is no catch limit. Fish that are to be returned must be carefully handled with wet hands and
equally carefully returned to the water and ensured that they swim away, or better still, if
circumstances permit, not removed at all but unhooked in the net.
All brown trout, sparctics and rainbows over 1.5kg (3lbs) must be returned.
7. Fish caught that are bleeding or severely distressed must be retained, irrespective of size and will
count towards the catch limit.
A member has the right to respectfully ask to inspect another member’s catch at any time. The
member shall not refuse to allow this.
8. No member shall sell, or barter any fish taken from Salopian waters and anyone found guilty of this
shall be expelled from the club.
9. No leader material is to be discarded but taken away. No lead shot to be used at either fishery.
10. Wading is strictly prohibited at both fisheries.
11. Each member can buy up to six Guest tickets per year at £10 each, payable to Treasurer via the
same Bank Transfer that is used to pay membership fee.
Each guest can only fish two (2) times and kill two (2) fish each time. Guest tickets are to give
prospective members a taster only.
Rod sharing is allowed with members’ close family at no charge.
ie only one rod in use at any one time, the member must be present and only one catch limit used.
12. At both fisheries cars to be parked on the designated areas only, Access for farm vehicles should
be maintained at all times Fishing times 7.00am to one hour after sunset.
13. Brineton - Specific points
Minimum of noise to be strictly observed. A special request is that no whistling is allowed.*
No fishing from lawn in front of farm house and no access across lawn.
14. Biosecurity - Follow Angling Trust "Check, Clean, Dry" rules for all equipment.
* At first sight a strange rule, included at the request of Mr. Huxley. Turkeys are nervous birds and,
apparently, whistling upsets them and they may panic and injure themselves.
Salopian Flyfishers Stillwater Rules revised January 2021 v3